Thursday, July 14, 2011

Manicures For M.A.D.D.

Hey guys!!! So today I am going to do a manicure for something that is very close to my heart. Mothers Against Drunk Driving is a non profit organization that helps victims of drunk driving crashes. They also help protect and create laws to try and stop drinking and driving. This is from their website "To date, MADD's work has saved nearly 300,000 lives... and counting." Read more at http://www.madd.org/

This is near to my heart because as a lot of you know, I was affected by a drunk driving crash. It was 2 years ago and I was going to Gatlinburg with my sister -in-law and neice and nephew. We were hit on the way by a man who's B.A.C. was .15, nearly twice the legal limit in Tennessee, which is .08. My sister was killed, and the 3 of us were severly injured. He also hit another car with 2 young girls, who were bruised and shaken up, but they were ok. This man recieved 10 years in prison, and a chance at parole at 30%. MADD is going to help me keep him in when his parole date comes up. Here is a video of my journey.






As I have said before, I am not looking for sympathy. This happened to me for a reason, and I believe that reason is to save lives. I am confident in saying that I have and will continue to save lives. That is my goal in life now.

So what is the reason in doing a MADD manicure today, you ask? On July 14th 1984, Congress and President Ronald Reagan enacted legislation that set the national minimum legal drinking age at 21. Today marks the 27 year anniversary of the law that I believe saved many lives.

I started with my new base coat, OPI Nail Envy nail strengthener. It is supposed to help with peeling and help to strengthen.




This color is OPI Red My Fortune Cookie. I got it for free with my RapiDry Top coat :) This picture is taken under my lamp inside.

This OPI DS Radiance. This was taken inside


This is my topper. It is a new polish I picked up yesterday. It is OPI I Lily Love you. I love this polish. It has sparkles of all different size inside. It's like a birthday in a bottle!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed my manicure today. Please Share my story. Help me save lives :)

~Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment